CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, April 13, 2009

Living With Depression

So here it is. Yesterday was Easter and all out rebirth. I have been living with depression for about 3 years now. I am determined to get over it, without the help of drugs.
Crazy huh!
For me it is all about figuring out why I am in this place and what needs to change in my life to get out of it. What are drugs really going to do for me? They may help me feel better initially, but I'm not suicidal or anything.
I just don't feel like getting out of bed half of the time. But I do get out of bed, so it can't be that bad, right?
I have been visiting all of the reasons why I THINK that I am depressed. I plan to focus on one at a time. Well a different one each day and just go round and round in circles with it until it is fixed.
So, I will keep up journaling, out loud and hope to get it all figured out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really wish you the best. I had depression from 10 years old until about 17 years old. Then I developed something new, anxiety. I was on medicine for awhile, and now I'm trying to deal with it without medicine.

Boy is that a challenge.

I really wish you the best. Do what's best for your body though. Have you tried any medication before?

kimmiekat said...

I have not tried any medication. I am breast feeding and not ready to quit. I'd like to try without it though. Find the cause instead of covering up the symptoms. But then, maybe I fully don't understand what I am dealing with.

Evil Twin Sister said...

Try reading, "Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom" by Christiane Northrup, M.D. She deals with everything female! I know it's a friggin' HUGE book, but she talks about *everything* in it. She recommends lots of things from Vitamin D to cutting down on dairy for PMS, depression and other stuff. I have had the book for a couple of months and haven't gotten all the way through, but I'm working on it bit by bit. She sounds like she really knows what she's talking about. (I'm taking notes too, which is uncharacteristic for me!)

I've been taking drugs (prescribed and totally legal!) for about 10 years now, and I would soooo like to stop. I'm working on it. I *really* do not want to take them for the rest of my life!

Good luck!