CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Failure Part 2

So yesterday I talked about feeling like a failure and all the reasons why. I also committed myself to thinking about all of the good and positive things.
I know its not the cure, but it was really helpful.
I didn't feel so dragged down and had energy to do the things I put off till the weekend, like laundry...

Now it wasn't all peaches and cream sitting around thinking about the good things. I still had my ups and downs as the rest of life still happens.

But I did feel better and a bit more energized.

I think it probably takes twice the amount of energy to focus on positive thought. No wonder the world is such a negative place. The negative thoughts just seem to be easier to identify with.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

But you said that it did make you "feel better and a bit more energized" so it can't be all that bad to think positive thoughts... or use up that much more energy if you felt more energized.

kimmiekat said...

It took more mental energy to remind myself to think positively. You are correct though, it did help me feel better and I will definitely continue with it. But it does take alot more conscience effort to think positive thoughts.

scrappysue said...

sometimes they sure are. that's why the world seems so negative some times

Sultan said...

Most of life comes down to your perspective on things. When I am feeling really down I often refer to Sheldon Kopp's Escatological Laundry List (learned on life's rocky road) which you can find here:

http://webdata2.soc.hawaii.edu/illumlife/abelist.htm